Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unchanging

I've been thinking about the people in my life lately.  My friends, my family, my professors, my church. People who've been in my life since I was a baby and new friends that I've just met this week. I've been thinking about people who I continue to grow closer to and people who grow more distant with each day. Sometimes I wonder how friends can so quickly lose touch? How is it that one second you can know everything about a person and the next have no idea how they are? 

Whether you've lost loved ones as a result of circumstance, or distance, or a simple growing apart, we've all lost someone. Sad to say I've lost more than I would have liked this past year. I don't really think anyone can replace those friends but I can confidently say that through the hurt I've experienced God has challenged and forced me to grow in my faith. I know that my life will continue to be filled with hurt and loss. People will come into my life, and people will leave my life. Amidst these uncertainties I can find peace and joy in Christ because He will always be there. Others may leave, but God will remain. 


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, 
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, 
who does not change like shifting shadows." 
James 1: 17


For all the people who have ever been a part of my life... Thank you.
You have inspired and encouraged me to grow into the person I am today.
I feel blessed to have you in my life and thank God daily for who you are.
If we ever grow apart (which I hope we don't) I pray that the Lord will bless 
you in all that you do. Thank you for changing my life. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so young and yet so wise.
    When I read this entry I was so proud of you and yet so sad because in a way I was reminded of how Uncle Walter and I missed out on so much time with you, Lisa, and Matthew.
    We let our circumstances dictate our actions instead of our actions dictating our circumstances.
    I'm hoping for all the missed memories in the past, we will be able to make up new ones in the future.
    It does seem so sad sometimes when people leave our lives that wish would stay, but I guess we can be thankful that they crossed our paths at all. I know you know that God has a plan, and whether people stay or go, it is by divine intervention.
    One thing I know for sure, that any path you cross, or anyone's life you enter into, no matter for how long, you, will never be forgotten. Love you. Tante Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although we may move apart- we will not grow apart.
    I promise.
    For we are sisters of the best kind. :)
    -D.

    ReplyDelete