Monday, April 11, 2011

This is Life

Today marks the last day of classes in my second year of university. I still remember being nervous as can be on my first day in Brandon but it didn't take very long before the university became my home and my new friends became my family. Throughout these past couple of years I've had many moments when all I wanted was for time to go by faster. "If only this aural skills studio would be done" ... or " I wish it was Friday already so I could go home" ... or "I can't wait till university is done and it's summer!" I've heard people wish every monday that the week would go by fast and be over soon. And although I understand that it's never fun to go through stressful times, I refuse to live my life just hoping that the day will be over. 

God has blessed us with an amazing life to live. It is our choice to embrace this beautiful thing we call life. We can't allow ourselves to get stuck in the routine of everyday and ordinary. This world is far from ordinary. God has given us wonder, amazement and beauty. Incredible things are taking place all over the world at this very moment. 

When I was the valedictorian I quoted Albert Einstein in my speech: 

"There are two ways to live: 
You can live as if nothing is a miracle, 
or you can live as if everything is a miracle."

I want to challenge you, as well as myself to not just live life, but LOVE life. Each day is a miracle and a gift from a God who loves us. It is now up to us. Will you live a beautiful, adventurous, passionate, faithful, wonderful life or will you fade away amidst wishful thinking for the day to be done? 



Here are a few pictures to document my first two years out here in Brandon: 











No comments:

Post a Comment