Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trust Me

You know those days when nothing seems to go right? When no matter how hard you try to make something work it just doesn't? Those days that seem to be jam packed with discouragement? That leave you sitting on a back staircase in the school of music talking to your mom on the phone, as tears stream down your face? Ya... today was one of "those" days for me.

I left the university tonight feeling utterly confused, disappointed and discouraged. Not about school work or midterms, but about life. About all the concerns, big and small, that filled my day. I began my walk home with thoughts still bouncing around in my head.  Suddenly I was jolted back to reality... it was as if God whispered gently into my ear, "Sara, do you trust me?"

It seems silly to think that anyone would ever STOP trusting God, yet there I was, just moments before, drowning in my own confusion and worries. I had allowed the unexpected trials, failed plans, and discouraging words of others distract me from God's truth. Thankfully God took my hand and lead me back to His promises.

As I continued my walk home, pondering the question "Do you trust me?" this verse came to mind:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5,6


No matter how many times I've written, recited, read this verse, it's beauty always takes my breath away. What great joy and peace fills my heart when I trust in the Lord. My worries seem to float away when I'm reminded to lean on Him and not on myself.

As I finished my short walk home, that's exactly what happened. My discouragement, worry, confusion and disappointment were swept away in the breeze as I refocused my eyes on Christ.

Next time you have one of "those" days, think of this verse, let it linger in the air and take a second to listen to his voice as He whispers...

"Trust me."







1 comment:

  1. Knowing you were sitting on the back stairs crying to mom breaks my heart. If I didn't have a meeting today for Jayden I would drive out to pick you up and bring you home, as you posted on Facebook.

    Your words of God saying "trust me" resignate with me, because in the deepest darkest days He too whispered those same two words. I believe that was the first time I actually heard His Voice. I managed to do that, as you know, and my life was forever changed.

    I don't know what you are going through honey, but as always, your strength in your faith has managed to beat Satan once again.

    As you can see, you managed to turn the situation around to glorify God and probably someone is going to read your post which in turn, will strengthen them as well.

    I cannot possibly express in words how it is your faith that is my true inspiration (you are just like Oma) and no matter what is thrown your way, we are all here for you and love you more then you know.

    ReplyDelete